The Corporate Affairs Director is responsible for driving, inspiring and leading Corporate Affairs for the company business unit, which includes cross-segment sales in the product, Chocolate Drinks and Multi-Sales, consistent with the overall, Incorporated and Segment CA strategies and platforms, including communications, government and regulatory affairs, crisis management and other relevant issues, Corporate reputation, Public Relations, Consumer Care and Associate and stakeholder engagement. The position reports to the Japan GM, and work with the regional Petcare/Multi-Sales Corporate Affairs Team and participating in the global corporate segment Corporate Affairs communities.
1) Drive and expand the scope and impact of Corporate Affairs for the Japan business. Build and protect the Corporate Reputation and share of voice, for the entire unit and Japan.
2) Communicate, engage and influence a broad range of internal and external stakeholders at the unit level, including associates, government/regulators, non-governmental organizations, industry associations, academia, key opinion formers, and communities.
3) Proactively identify and prioritize local unit and government issues that will be important to the company and segment in consultation with the unit GM, and shape them appropriately.
4) Build, influence and drive the pet food industry agenda for the company. in Japan, in consultation with all relevant leaders
5) Lead the local crisis management team, and escalate using company process. Represent the Japan business unit during a crisis on the Corporate Crisis Response Team
6) Raise the visibility of the CA agenda with the Japan Management Team and collaboratively initiate and drive winning business strategies.
7) Act as a business partner by leading CA colleagues, unit GM, and other unit and regional senior leadership to understand and capture key trends demonstrating how internal and external communications can drive the business agenda.
8) Anticipate, manage and coordinate responses to issues that hold the potential to affect the company’s image, reputation and stakeholder positioning. Advise and guide the business regarding external/internal threats and opportunities and create strategies to protect, enhance and/or accelerate business strategies.
9) Ensure CA strategy is aligned with Incorporated overarching strategy and Five Principles and customized to meet local specifications as well as representing local perspectives and interests into corporate position and policy development as appropriate.
10) Develop local strategies and deploy signature processes, ensuring consistency of message with Corporate, segment, unit, region, and segment leadership efforts.
11) Contextualize internal and external communication, including contributions from global and regional corporate and segment to the following: externally in both the annual Principles in Action Summary and mars.com site with current news to consumers, and internally on the intranet to maintain a positive news flow and ensure site optimization and traffic growth.
12) Liaise with the Corporate CA team to ensure unit/region perspectives are fully considered and integrated into communications, policies, and strategies.
13) Align the Japan unit behind key corporate positions to proactively address key concerns of external stakeholders.
14) Inspire develop and engage the Japan CA team, to ensure they continue to grow as professionals, expand their areas of expertise and improve their effectiveness.
15) Demonstrate and model High Performance Collaboration behaviors.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and highly effective presentation skills.
• Experience of leading and effectively influencing groups in public relations, public affairs, reputation management, policy, Government/Regulatory Affairs and/or issues management.
• Previous experience/responsibilities should include: reputation/corporate identity management; media strategy; issues/crisis management; internal/associate communications; government relations.
• Comfortable in a diverse, single status, multinational organization
• Development and adoption of influential internal and external communications materials for Japan business
• Development and adoption of effective corporate reputation materials
• Development and adoption of effective approaches to key issues and government engagement strategies
• Full member of Japan Management Team
• Budget decisions around delivering the Corporate Affairs priorities
■ B to C業界での広報業務経験必須